Thursday, November 20, 2008

E-Cooking

I have a lot of support cooking from my friends and family. However, a steady influence and motivation for cooking comes from my partner in crime, Melissa Galinato. She's a brilliant undergrad at UCSD, majoring in human biology. She, too, suffers from too much work and not enough time, but still finds enough to cook a few times a week. Coincidentally, we've been a couple for almost two years.

Going to a different college than my better half is advantageous, since I get more practice cooking. Still, food is inarguably an experience to share with others. Half of my cooking goes to friends. I often regret cooking if no one is around to share it. So, with cooking and eating as connected an experience as it is, Melissa and I tried something new. We call it e-cooking. 

E-Cooking

Ingredients
+ laptop
+ webcam
+ saranwrap
+ another recipe
+ another cook, proximity irrelevant

Place your laptop somewhere safe in your kitchen, cover the keyboard with saran wrap (not too tightly, so that it doesn't over-heat). Set up a video-chat using skype or the new google video chat. Have who-ever is on the other line repeat these first steps. Proceed with recipe instructions simultaneously with the other cook.


Quiche Lorraine E-Cooking 2008 - just before baking

No comments: